I had a little bit time this morning so I improved my Google Sitemaps Generator…
- WordPress Plugin Support (just copy it in your plugin directory and activate it)
- Administration UI (Customize setting like change frequency, page priorities and automatic priority calculation from your WordPress Admin Center)
- Includes Homepage, Posts, Static Pages, Categories and Archives
- Creates a static xml file called sitemap.xml in your blog directory
- Gets automatic rebuilt if you edit/write/publish a post
- Calculates post priority depending on the number of comments
Note: This new version is still beta and I’m still at testing. You can try it out and report any errors/mistakes/suggest to my email. If you can, test it under an other copy/backup of you blog… It’s still beta and may have bugs!!
Download the zip Archive and extract the sitemap.php and in your wp-content/plugins directory. Then look in your admin page under Plugins and activate it. Now you can click on Options -> Sitemap and configure your settings. Update or write a post to start the first sitemap generation.
Note: I’m not a WordPress expert and this is my first plugin. I read The Plugin API and Writing a Plugin at the WordPress pages. If you are more familiar with WordPress plugins and see something strange/not recommended please tell me! Also the registered actions (add_action) which start sitemap generation may be redundant.
Update: I included a Manual Rebuild button in the options page so you don’t need to edit a post to start the generation at the first time. Beta Testers are welcome 🙂