Microsoft released the new Microsoft Component Installer Software Development Kit which is a SDK to perform various required installations for your .Net application.
The installer includes:
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c for Managed Code
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Language Pack
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft ASP.NET Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
If you run it before your application setup, you can be sure all required components will be installed.
You can also specify an application or URL which will be executed when the installer finished. If you set the the "uionlyifneeded" parameter, the installer won’t be shown to the user if all required components are already installed.