If you have questions about XML-Sitemaps or run into problems, have a look at my Sitemaps FAQ.
Note: The XML-Sitemap format was introduced in 2005 by Google and adopted in 2006 by YAHOO, Bing (formerly MSN Search) and Ask.com so thats why it’s often called "Google Sitemaps".
Problems with your sitemap? Read my Sitemaps FAQ.
- Available for all WordPress versions since 1.5
- No PHP skills or file changes needed
- User interface to customize all parameters like priorities etc.
- Available in many languages
- Generates automatically a sitemap for all types of WordPress pages
- Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments
- Notifies Ask.com, Google, Bing and YAHOO about changes via ping
- Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap
- Generates a static XML file as well as a zipped version
- …and many more!
Thanks for the translations: Arabian, Belorussian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Simplified, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Good news, this plugin is free for everyone! Since it’s released under GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog. But if you enjoy this plugin, you can thank me and leave a small donation for the time I’ve spent writing and supporting this plugin. And I really don’t want to know how many hours of my life this plugin has already eaten
If you don’t like PayPal, you can also send me an Amazon.com gift certificate.
Thanks for your support!
Simply download the Zip-Archive and extract all files into your wp-content/plugins/ directory. Then go into your WordPress administration page, click on Plugins and activate it. After that you will have a new menu point called "Sitemap" under the "Options" menu. You can alter the default change frequencies, filename and other options there. Click once on "Rebuild Sitemap" to create your sitemap the first time. If you receive an error that the sitemap files could not be written, continue reading.
Submit your own ideas and browse existing suggestions on the UserVoice Forum.