If you have questions about XML-Sitemaps or run into problems, have a look at my Sitemaps FAQ.
Note: The XML-Sitemap format was introduced in 2005 by Google and adopted in 2006 by YAHOO, Live and Ask.com so that’s why it’s often called "Google Sitemaps".
Problems with your sitemap? Read my Sitemaps FAQ.
- Support for all WordPress content, including custom post types, taxonomies, archives, authors, …
- No PHP skills or file changes needed
- User interface to customize all parameters like priorities etc.
- Available in many languages
- Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments
- Notifies Google, Bing and YAHOO about changes via ping
- Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap
- 100% Multisite compatible, including by-blog and network activation.
- …and many more!
Download older version with single static sitemap
See here for an explanation about single and sub-sitemaps.
Thanks for the translations: Arabian, Belorussian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Simplified, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Good news, this plugin is free for everyone! Since it’s released under GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog. But if you enjoy this plugin, you can thank me and leave a small donation for the time I’ve spent writing and supporting this plugin. And I really don’t want to know how many hours of my life this plugin has already eaten 😉
If you don’t like PayPal, you can also send me an Amazon.com gift certificate.
Thanks for your support! 🙂
Simply download the Zip-Archive and extract all files into your wp-content/plugins/ directory. Then go into your WordPress administration page, click on Plugins and activate it. After that you will have a new menu point called "Sitemap" under the "Options" menu. You can alter the default change frequencies and other options there.
Submit your own ideas and browse existing suggestions on the UserVoice Forum.