More information about what XML-Sitemaps are and how they can help you to get indexed by the major search engines can be found at Sitemaps.org.
If you have questions about XML-Sitemaps or run into problems, have a look at my Sitemaps FAQ.
Note: The XML-Sitemap format was introduced in 2005 by Google and adopted in 2006 by YAHOO, Live and Ask.com so that’s why it’s often called “Google Sitemaps”.
Problems with your sitemap? Read my Sitemaps FAQ.
- Support for all WordPress content, including custom post types, taxonomies, archives, authors, …
- No PHP skills or file changes needed
- User interface to customize all parameters like priorities etc.
- Available in many languages
- Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments
- Notifies Google, Bing and YAHOO about changes via ping
- Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap
- 100% Multisite compatible, including by-blog and network activation.
- …and many more!
Download (includes all languages):
See here for an explanation about single and sub-sitemaps.
Thanks for the translations: Arabian, Belorussian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Simplified, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Pricing and Licensing:
Good news, this plugin is free for everyone! Since it’s released under GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog.
Simply download the Zip-Archive and extract all files into your wp-content/plugins/ directory. Then go into your WordPress administration page, click on Plugins and activate it. After that you will have a new menu point called “Sitemap” under the “Options” menu. You can alter the default change frequencies and other options there.
Suggest a feature:
Submit your own ideas and browse existing suggestions on the UserVoice Forum.
Hosting a party or wedding celebration? Try out SelfieShow, an interactive live photo show for your guests. Everybody can share their photos and they appear on a screen or TV in real time. No additional app required! Try now for free!